19 January 2021
Oratory – La Grande Bretèche Tours
New chapel made of steel and hand-blown glass, set in a 19th century chapel.
La Grande Bretèche is a chapel dedicated to the Presentation of the Virgin, dating from 1854. It houses the mother house of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Presentation. The Pope John Paul II stayed there in 1996 during a visit to Tours.
The mission of Crézé: creation and installation of an oratory, created in collaboration with the The Crézé mission: creation and installation of an oratory, carried out in collaboration with the workshops of the master glassmaker Helmbold and the architectural firm Le Moal. The structural The structural shape facilitates the penetration of light and the careful acoustics of the oratory. The The specificity of this work allows the doors to be opened on the entire façade towards the nave when the public is present and to be opened when the public is present and to close them again for a more intimate ceremony.
From a technical point of view, this oratory is made of Jansen joinery and has a height of height of 6 metres, with a length of 13 metres and a width of 5 metres.